Open an Account
For new or returning members who want to open a Central Electric account. Please use this form if you want to activate service to an existing home, business or other.
We will process your online request within two business days of receiving it.
Check Specific CEC Service Locations
- You may look up areas served by Central Electric Cooperative by entering the street address in our Electric Service Provider Map. This enables you to see if a location is served by Central Electric or Pacific Power, or if it is a location where it may be served by either utility.
Membership Fee and Deposit Information
- A $5.00 non-refundable membership fee will appear on your first monthly bill.
- CEC may require a deposit for all new or returning members. If required the $180 deposit will appear on your first monthly bill. A letter of good credit from your previous electric utility may be accepted in lieu of a deposit or, if the service qualifies, you may choose our PrePay option. To learn more about our PrePay option please contact a CEC Representative at (541) 548-2144 for more information and to determine eligibility on this payment option.
- The letter of good credit must have been under your name for the past 12 months with no late notices, collection notices or disconnects for non-payment. The letter of good credit can be faxed directly to CEC, office fax number is 541-548-0366 or you may email the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unable to supply a sufficient letter of credit, you will be required to pay a deposit of $180.00. Payment arrangements can be made for this deposit for up to 3 months.
- The deposit, plus accrued interest, may be refunded after 12 months of excellent credit is established or when you close your account and pay all outstanding bills.
Welcome to membership in Central Electric Cooperative. Our Owner’s Manual contains valuable information about your new electric energy provider, and can be printed below.