Balanced Payments Plan
The Balanced Payment Plan provides a convenient method for CEC members to spread their electricity payments evenly throughout the year.
- The Balanced Payment Plan is available for sign up year round.
- Plan applies to residential rate schedule accounts only.
- To be eligible, a member’s account must have been established for at least 6 months and the account must have been paid in full each of those months.
How it works
- The Balanced Payment Plan will be based on a 6 month or 12 month average of the applicant’s monthly bills.
- When a CEC customer has less than a 12 month payment history, the Balanced Payment Plan will be based on the best available history, but in no case less than a 6 month history.
- Members can choose to have their payments recalculated once a year or twice a year. Recalculations taking place once a year will occur in September and twice a year will occur in March and September.
- It is our goal to ensure your account does not accumulate a large credit or deficit amount. During the course of the year CEC will monitor your accounts receivable balance and if deemed necessary will adjust your balanced payment amount. CEC will notify you, if any changes are made.
If you have any questions, or if you prefer to open your account by phone, please contact Customer Service.