Heat Pump & Duct Sealing Program
CEC offers an incentive for installing a heat pump through this program. The financial incentive for an approved job will be in the form of an on-bill discount.
How much is the financial incentive?
There is an on-bill discount of $250 – $1,450 on the cost of the heat pump depending on the efficiency of the heat pump, existing system and the condition of the ducts. Both new and existing homes can qualify. Electric furnaces without heat pumps can qualify for a $250 duct sealing discount if the ducts need repair. Homes with two independent ducted heating systems may be eligible for an on-bill discount for each system.
How to get started:
Contact one of the contractors on the Heat Pump Program Contractor List and ask them for a bid proposal. The contractor will guide you through the qualification and installation process.
- The contractor requests pre-approval of the job from Central Electric Cooperative.
- Once pre-approval is granted, the contractor installs the heat pump system and discounts the job cost to the customer.
- The contractor submits the final documentation to Central Electric Cooperative.
- Once the job receives final approval, CEC is notified to issue the discount check to the contractor.
- An on-site inspection by CEC may be performed.
Please note: This is a Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) energy efficiency program. BPA programs are subject to change without notice. All projects must receive pre-approval to be eligible for the financial incentive.